Package 1 - Guided Self Install (Recommended)
(typical installation of 3/4" cold water meters)
This is for clients who would like to perform a self-install, purchasing pre-programmed equipment and having onsite personnel install the meters, but would also like some guidance onsite. The package is particularly beneficial for new construction projects, as we are able to circumvent a major logistical obstacle with traditional installations: Scheduling.
Typical lead time to schedule a technician to perform onsite installation is 2-3 weeks (industry average). This is fine in a perfect world, but as we all know, construction is not a perfect world, and schedule challenges pop up all the time. By having the onsite contractor install pre-programmed meters rather than scheduling technicians 2-3 weeks in advance, it creates a much more agile scheduling scenario, in which the onsite team has complete control of timelines.
We accomplish this by using only equipment which can be shipped as plug-and-play, so that the contractor onsite is not required to have any special equipment to install the meters.
- Meter jumpers and couplings are sent prior to rough-in to be installed by onsite plumber as a placeholder until lines have been flushed and pressure tested. Once lines are flushed, the contractor will remove the jumper and insert the pre-programmed meter/transmitter combo.
- Product is shipped pre-programmed, with unit number labels on each meter/transceiver combo so the onsite personnel can easily install as the schedule dictates.
- Each meter/transceiver is programmed into the Gateway, so once the Gateway is powered up and connected to Ethernet or Cellular, meters will start checking in with daily reads.
- A propagation map will be sent prior to installation so onsite personnel know where to install the Gateway and Repeaters (installation is simple - plug and play into standard 110v outlet).
- Cannon Metering will send a certified technician onsite to kick off the project and review meter installation and RF network layout (8 hours onsite).
- Onsite contractors will install meter/transmitters as needed during construction.
- Cannon Metering will send a certified technician onsite for quality control once all meters are installed (8 hours onsite). During this visit, any staff questions can be answered as well as any troubleshooting for exceptions. With any remaining time, our technician will inspect a random selection of units to ensure proper installation. A QC report will be sent once completed.
- Cannon Metering will work with 3rd party or in-house personnel to ensure connectivity with Gateway so read information flows to the appropriate party.
Typical Costs (estimates only)
For more information or to receive a more detailed quote for your specific project, please click here and we'll reach out to you within 24 hours.